Creating the Buzz
Margaret Atwood, internationally renowned author and literary celebrity, has agreed to endorse the project and lead the judging panel.
The following media and film celebrities have also agreed to participate in this project and will form the official panel of judges:
- Sarah Polley - Actor and Director
- David Cronenberg - Auteur and Filmmaker
- Rick Mercer - Host of The Rick Mercer Report on CBC TV
- Ron Mann - Documentary Filmmaker
A team of high level professionals from diverse backgrounds has been assembled to lead this project. This team consists of experts in the Medical field, Academic Research, Corporate Development, Communications and Project Management.
Committee ChairDr. Sam Shemie
- Director Extracorporeal Life Support, Montreal Childrens Hospital
- Professor of Pediatrics, McGill University
- Loeb Chair in Organ and Tissue Donation, University of Ottawa
- Medical Advisor, Organs and Tissues, Canadian Blood Services
Executive DirectorLili Shalev Shawn
- VP Management Director, JWT Toronto
Executive Committee MembersDr. Peter Nickerson
- Executive Medical Director, Organs & Tissues Office, Canadian Blood Services
- Medical Director, Platelet Immunology Laboratory, Canadian Blood Services
- Medical Consultant, Transplant Immunology Laboratory, DSM
- Professor, Internal Medicine & Immunology
- Executive Director of OTDT, Canadian Blood Services
- President & CEO, Knightstone Capital Management Inc.
- Program Coordinator for the Loeb Chair and Research Consortium, University of Ottawa